[ANSTHRLD] research question

tmcd at panix.com tmcd at panix.com
Sun Feb 26 11:41:01 PST 2006

On Sun, 26 Feb 2006, lburgin <lburgin at gt.rr.com> wrote:
> I apologize for my ignorance in advance.  Since the last time I held
> a local office we documented from stone tablets, other than the

No need to apologize!  Your Newbie Protection Field has grown back.

> other than the links from SCA.org,are there any acceptable/good
> websites for name research?

The Academy of Saint Gabriel, <http://www.s-gabriel.org/>, is a great
resource.  In particular, their Medieval Names Archive
<http://www.s-gabriel.org/names> is a great library.

Note that the pages are NOT no-photocopy sources -- that is, if you
use one, you have to make copies of the URL, the title page, and
applicable page(s) just as with any other source.

> The client who asked is looking for "Norse",

Geirr Bassi is, I believe, available thru the SCA stock clerk, and
cheap enough and useful enough that it's well worth buying.

Daniel de Lindocolina
--
"Me, I love the USA; I never miss an episode." -- Paul "Fruitbat" Sleigh
Tim McDaniel; Reply-To: tmcd at panix.com