[ANSTHRLD] Conflict check help

tmcd at panix.com tmcd at panix.com
Tue Feb 7 14:04:09 PST 2006

On Tue, 7 Feb 2006, Steve K. Rourke <steverourke at charter.net> wrote:
> I can't find a conflict but......
> "Argent, a lion rampant azure within a tressure azure" if my
> spelling is off on a word I'm sorry.

No worries, as long as the overall design is clear.

An Alisoun precedent from 1988 is
    We do not use single diminutives and so this [single tressure] has
    to be an orle.  (LoAR Jun 88, p. 20)
(That's except for a tressure placed on a bordure or orle: Bruce had a
precedent for that.)

Oddly, four designs with "a tressure" or "single tressure" were
registered in the 1990s.  I think they were oversights.

If you have a consecutive sequence of charges all of the same
tincture, you only have to specify the tincture after the last.
Which is to say: if you see a charge without a tincture listed,
its tincture is the following tincture listed.

The default position for a lion is "rampant".

So with all that:
    Argent, a lion within an orle azure.

Sweet zombie Jesus!  I don't see a conflict (through the March 2005
LoARs)!  (And if there's a conflict between April-October, it doesn't
have the word "orle" in it.)  This is great period-style armory and
I hope you can jump on it ASAP.

Ddaned dde Lyngoln
--
"Me, I love the USA; I never miss an episode." -- Paul "Fruitbat" Sleigh
Tim McDaniel; Reply-To: tmcd at panix.com