[ANSTHRLD] Conflict check please, 3rd round

tmcd at panix.com tmcd at panix.com
Wed Feb 15 09:34:51 PST 2006

On Thu, 16 Feb 2006, Suren Unegen <commander at mongounegen.com> wrote:
> oral tends to look more like a line rather then an oral or vice
> versa an oral outlined with sable. I found it quite difficult to
> draw it, with I mean so both the oral and bordure where recognizable
> as such.

"Oral" in SCA heraldry refers to court and field heraldry.
(Get your mind out of the gutter.)

If the orle were of a different tincture (as I recall, "argent" would
be the only practical choice), it might be more distinctive.  Also, I
have the dim impression that the orle is supposed to be towards the
skinny side, like a tressure, but I don't have examples to hand.

> In regard to the leaves I think that the collage would treat this
> like the animal mask. For example there is no CD between a Fox?s
> Mask and Wolves Mask. I think Dannet is correct in this matter.

That's Danielis.  <grin />

The thing is that, in the emblazon of the possible conflict, the
poison ivy leaves are arranged sort of like

-   -

That is, it's a sprig of three leaves emanating for a point where
their stems join.  The bottommost is vertical.  The other two are
maybe 20 degrees below horizontal. ... except I *think* one
counterargument might be "there's nothing stopping an artist depicting
    Wulf Beornsson (8902X) Or, a sprig of three poison ivy leaves
    inverted vert within a bordure sable.
with three vertical leaves".

Aw, heck.  In a blatant violation of copyright, I've put a copy of the
submission form's emblazon at
    <http://www.panix.com/~tmcd/wulf.jpg>
It may explain why I wrote
    I think there is likely a CD for orientation of the leaves, but
    I'm not 100% sure.  I have some doubts about a CD for type of
    these poison ivy leaves versus elm leaves.

Danihel de Lindonio
--
"Me, I love the USA; I never miss an episode." -- Paul "Fruitbat" Sleigh
Tim McDaniel; Reply-To: tmcd at panix.com