[ANSTHRLD] Conflict check please, 3rd round

tmcd at panix.com tmcd at panix.com
Wed Feb 15 10:15:15 PST 2006

Would six leaves be OK, arranged either "two two and two"
  * *
  * *
  * *
or "three two and one", in a narrowing triangle:
  * * *
   * *
    *
Both are not uncommon in period but somewhat uncommon in the SCA.  The
first is more Iberian.

On Thu, 16 Feb 2006, Suren Unegen <commander at mongounegen.com> wrote:
> Greetings,
> Just an idea for you to look at Troye
> Or, a chevron argent fimbrited vert, two elm leaves in pale vert and in
> base an elm leaf vert.
> http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c88/Rickypup/Troye.jpg

The fimbriation on the chevron looks black on my screen (and also
looks a little too thin).  Based on that,
    Or, a chevron argent fimbriated sable between three elm leaves
    vert.
In period, if there were two colors on the field, at least half the
time one of them tended to be gules.  You might find that attractive.

This is about as simple, but would have a wholly different set of
possible conflicts (there's a different primary charge).

As for the proposed blazon,
> Or, a chevron argent fimbrited vert, two elm leaves in pale vert and in
> base an elm leaf vert.

"In pale" means a relative arrangement of charges like this:
    *
    *
You were probably thinking of "in chief", which is placement on the
shield towards the top.

"in chief ... and in base ..." is rarely useful in SCA blazon: usually
they can be replaced by other terms, like "between" (as here) or even
removed in some cases.  E.g., "Argent, [in chief] two lions gules and
[in base] a tower sable".  Without the bracketed words, three charges
are assumed to be "two and one": the first two in chief and the third
in base.

Danielis Lincolinum
--
"Me, I love the USA; I never miss an episode." -- Paul "Fruitbat" Sleigh
Tim McDaniel; Reply-To: tmcd at panix.com