[ANSTHRLD] help please

Alden Drake alden_drake at sbcglobal.net
Sun Jan 15 17:37:13 PST 2006

Withycombe seems to give post-period information on this name, but here's the reference from
Reaney & Wilson:

Reaney, P.H., Wilson, R.M., _A Dictionary of English Surnames_, Revised Third Edition, Oxford
University Press, 1997, p. 424:

Stanley, Stanly, Stanleigh: Robert de Stanleya 1130 P (St); Alan de Stanlai 1208 P (Y); Hugh de
Stanleye 1323 IpmNt; Richard Stanley 1398 IpmGl. From Stanley (Derby, Durham, Glos, Staffs, Wilts,
WRYorks).

In service,
HL Alden Drake