[ANSTHRLD] Device Help

tmcd at panix.com tmcd at panix.com
Thu Jan 26 23:34:29 PST 2006

On Fri, 27 Jan 2006, Suren Unegen <commander at mongounegen.com> wrote:
> Lozengy Or and vert, a wolf's pawprint sable within a oral gules.
> http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c88/Rickypup/DeviceF1b.jpg
> But I do have one question should a be an before oral or is this the
> way it is done in the SCA.

"An orle".  The charge is "orle".  "A", "an", and "the" work the same
way in English blazon as in English English.  My apologies for the
typo in my previous message.

Close to but clear of
    Clovis of Long Run (9301W) Or, a pawprint sable within a bordure
    gules.
1 CD for the field; 1 for type difference between an orle and a
bordure.

Close to but clear of
    Siobhán ní Bhrighde (9509M) Argent, a pawprint vert within
    an orle gules.
1 CD for the field; 1 CD for the tincture of the pawprint.

4 CDs (2 CDs more than needed to clear) from
    Taran Wulf (9907A) Argent, a pawprint sable between four leaves in
    cross, stems to center, vert.

3 CDs from (7/95)
  Elisa bat Avraham. Argent, a dog's pawprint sable within a bordure
  indented purpure.

Note, from 8/05:
      The use of pawprints is one step from period practice.
That's not a problem unless you get two steps, in which case it would
cause a return.  That's the only step from period practice here.

I see nothing else thru 10/05.

Ddaned dde Lyngoln
--
"Me, I love the USA; I never miss an episode." -- Paul "Fruitbat" Sleigh
Tim McDaniel; Reply-To: tmcd at panix.com