[ANSTHRLD] Book Donations at AHSS

Stefen & Rhonda Hays housedragonstar at earthlink.net
Thu Jul 13 19:26:04 PDT 2006

Greetings to all!

Some time ago, I came begging for donations for books about Calligraphy and Illumination to make their way around the kingdom with the travelling library.

After making sure that we have our ducks in a row, we are ready to start accepting books at the upcomig Ansteorran Heraldic and Scribal compeition.

I found a copy of The Calligrapher's Handbook (blue cover) at Half-Price Books and ordered a book from my bookclub (QPBC) by David Harris that had some good illustrations and another slant on some of the hands.

I hope that we can put together a collection of books that will not only inspire the artists in the kingdom, but will provide some information on the how-to's of the craft.  It will also help out those that might want to try before they buy, especially online.

Know that any and all donations will be gratefully accepted and be available to the populace at least five times per year.  I have already heard of heralds who want a repeat table in their region.

I remain in service,
Druinne
Star