[ANSTHRLD] Dinner after AHSS

Hedwig von Luneborg lochherald at gmail.com
Thu Jul 20 13:07:56 PDT 2006

Actually I've worked in the restaurant industry for over 15
years...everything from fast food to high end...in the kitchen, as a manager
and as waitstaff...not everywhere is perfect and not everyone is great all
the time.  However, not everywhere is horrible either.  When your husband
comes home and says that no less than 5 of the 8 Luby's he's walked through
that day has cross contamination of raw meat (including chicken) and three
of them were picking glass out of a dish or had someone walking up to work
food prep straight out of the bathroom without washing...you kind of loose
your desire to eat there.  That is a pretty high rate of health
violations...rather consistent rate as well...considering it was a weekly
observation.
I also work feast prep at SCA events and I know there are issues there as
well...but I've never been somewhere that someone hasn't as least TRIED to
keep it clean.

At any rate, I'm day tripping it and have no control over any of this
anyway...it was just an observation...

--
Hedwig

Nobody can make you feel inferior without your permission.
         -Eleanor Roosevelt-