[ANSTHRLD] blazon and device help comments

Alden Drake alden_drake at sbcglobal.net
Sun Jul 23 17:25:45 PDT 2006

----- Original Message ----
From: Jennifer Smith <jds at randomgang.com>
To: "Heralds List, Kingdom of Ansteorra - SCA, Inc." <heralds at lists.ansteorra.org>
Sent: Sunday, July 23, 2006 7:13:21 PM
Subject: Re: [ANSTHRLD] blazon and device help comments

Hedwig writes:
> I have a client that hopes to use the device found at the
> link below.  I am
> thinking that the saltire is cottised but I've never used
> that particular
> treatment so I am not sure. Any thoughts or help?
>
> I learned a lot and had a great time yesterday at AHSS...
>
> http://photos.yahoo.com/melissa_phobia

I believe you can cotise a saltire, yes. However, that depiction would
likely be returned for redraw; the cotising needs to be about twice as thick
as it is currently (maybe even more), and moved further from the saltire by
about the same width.

-Emma

I'd also recommend a little more detail on the butterflies(?) - just outlining a charge's shape isn't enough sometimes to tell what the charge is.

Alden