[ANSTHRLD] Is this normal? Is there a tracer system?

Caius Fabius caius_fabius at hotmail.com
Wed Jun 14 21:46:50 PDT 2006

Lost in space/time

About two years ago, a gentleman in my group put a completed and researched
submission for his name and device, and paid for it with a check (he still
has the cancelled check).

It still hasn't made it to commentary.    One time problem?  Not really,
when I submitted my name change a few years ago, it took over 20 months to
get submitted to kingdom.  Of course, I was stupid enough to pay cash, and
finally gave up and resubmitted through another group.  This is a totally
different herald, and group, but I am seeing a possible pattern.

Is anyone else having these problems?  How many of the folks who make good
faith submissions and do the research are left hanging?  Especially if they
know nothing about the system and just keep asking someone who is at a low
level for information?  Has this become so difficult that the average guy or
gal coming in to a local herald has to look forward to months and months of
waiting before their name and device receive commentary?

I am not mentioning names, or even groups, but I am interested if other
people in Ansteorra have been having these problems?  Is it a fault of
inexperienced heralds?  No one comes into this pursuit knowing all of the
answers, (well, maybe Da'ud Bob was born with most of the necessary
knowledge), but who is checking up on new heralds, and experienced but
burned out folks who are trying ( or not)....but the job just doesn't always
getting done.

Why do I ask?  Because I may return to being a local herald, and I don't
know enough, even though last century I went to a World Heraldric and some
various kingdom heraldic colleges.   There is a lot of helpful stuff on
line, but checking conflicts and blazoning correctly don't help a bit, if
the submissions never get submitted to Kingdom level....

Is there a tracer system?  Especially after the local herald is two or three
  incarnations later than the one who accepted the original submission.  Is
there a fast track for people who have been bumped by the system?

Just my 2 pence on a problem that I hope is only local.

curious ........
Caius Fabius