[ANSTHRLD] Is this normal? Is there a tracer system?

Kathleen O'Brien kobrien at texas.net
Tue Jun 20 22:40:34 PDT 2006

>One last thing to add, especially as you are thinking of becoming a
>local herald:  most of these delays happen at the local level or in
>the transit of the forms from the local to Asterisk.  When I held that
>office, I got a phone call from a local, who said that he had express
>mailed me some forms.  Exactly one month later, the express mail
>packet made it to my house.  I have also had mail that never arrived
>and involved emails to local heralds, regional heralds and their
>counterparts in the exchequer who needed to cancel checks.

Yep.  Too true.  And this can happen on all levels, which is why some
checks and balances are in place.  I remember one particularly memorable
LoI packet that went missing and had to be reconstructed while I was
Pelican Queen of Arms.  (We detected that the packet was missing because
LoIs don't get scheduled for rulings until the packet arrives.  We had the
LoI, but not the packet.)  Given that the packet was mailed from
Drachenwald, we figured that it had been dumped somewhere in the middle of
the Atlantic.  But, in any case, it never arrived and Drachenwald had to
make new copies of all the forms and send them again.  Fortunately, the
check was sent separately, so we didn't have to stop payment on anything...

So, checking to make sure that stuff you sent actually arrives is
definitely A Good Thing (TM).

Mari