[ANSTHRLD] name pronunciation and other questions

Hedwig von Luneborg lochherald at gmail.com
Thu Mar 2 07:33:59 PST 2006

Well crud...
It's is all my fault he even wants this name "John the Loud".  You see, he
is actually an extremely shy and quiet young man.  We were all sort of
teasing him one night and I popped off (as some of us mouthier heralds are
want to do at times) and said, "Of course we can't get a word in...he IS
John the Loud after all!"  Deed done...
He wants to be Scottish...and he REALLY wants to be John the Loud...or as
very close to that as possible.
He used an Irish dictionary (I don't have it in front of me at the moment)
and found "calanach" (I'm not positive if I spelled that correctly) which
was one of the many words for loud.
Sigh...I have three people each with a name issue I can't seem to solve.
Just another day in the life of a newbie local herald I suppose.  Thank you
for the help and input.

--
"zum Traum" (to The Dream),
Frau Hedwig von Luneborg