[ANSTHRLD] chain mail in armory

Hedwig von Luneborg lochherald at gmail.com
Tue Mar 21 16:13:38 PST 2006

I have a gentle who would like this on his device:

Sable an anvil argent supporting chain mail Or and a hammer proper (silver
head wooden handle) with the big dipper in dexter cheif argent
(I know this description isn't heraldicly correct...)
basically he wants an anvil with some 4 on 1 chain mail laying across it and
propped up on the corner the hammer with the head up
he also wants 7 mullets with 5 points in the shape of the big dipper to the
Dexter chief (close to that corner but not in it).

Now, I know this is not going to work exactly as is...but I want to know if
the chain mail is OK in and of its self and if it is can it be a metal on a
metal anvil?  I found three registered devices in the O&A with chain mail
but they are all pre-1990...

ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
Thank you for reading my ramblings...I'm off to be a mundane mom and make
dinner,

--
"zum Traum" (to The Dream),
Frau Hedwig von Luneborg