No subject

Sun May 28 10:26:35 PDT 2006

  Seamus Ruadh
    . Device. Gules, ermined Or.

    This is being returned because Gules, ermined Or. is a plain
    tincture, and we do not register plain tinctures. RfS X.4.a.ii(b)
    says "The ermine furs and their variants are considered to be
    different tinctures..."

He went on to register "Gules ermined Or, a label argent."  I irreverently
quipped in commentary, "It is amusing that he cannot claim to bear the
underlying coat, but he can claim to be the firstborn son of its bearer."
Electrum thought that should go to Laurel, but I do not know that it did.

- Teceangl
--
       Migosh, you can't sleep now!  There's HERALDRY afoot!