[ANSTHRLD] Consulting Library

Jennifer Smith jds at randomgang.com
Sat May 20 15:32:22 PDT 2006

> *Bahlow - Deutsches Nameslexikhon
> *Bahlow - Deutschland Geographiche Namenweit

One of these (Nameslexikhon?) is available in translation by Edda Gentry at
Amazon as "Dictionary of German Names".

> Papworth - Papworth's Ordinary of British Armorials

Ooo, there's an old source that I don't see used hardly any more at all! I
don't think it's needed for the vast majority of consultations.

> Wickenden - A Dictionary of Russian Names

I think (haven't looked) that you can get the latest version of this from
the SCA Stock Clerk, but you can also just print out the definitely-recent
webpages under sca.org/heraldry.

> Solveig Throndardottir - Name Construction in Medieval Japan

This would be nice to have a copy of, since it does come up from time to
time.

The rest of the stuff listed that we don't have copies of at all, I've
rarely if ever used.

-Emma