[ANSTHRLD] Consulting Library facts

nweders at mail.utexas.edu nweders at mail.utexas.edu
Mon May 22 06:27:53 PDT 2006

Thank you so much for the information, it gives me some guidelines on
what's up.

The tubs aren't one kind.  They are a mish-mash of different styles and
several of them (the ones that are not going to Warlord) have holes in them
and are no longer tranportable.  Hence my concern about what goes up.  If
bad weather should occur the books would be ruined.  And Warlord is a
terrrible site for bad weather (grin).  And smaller easier totes would be
helpful to further divide the books by subject and importance.  The people
transporting the boxes are non heralds who kindly gave me space in their
trailer.  It was one of my decisions on reducing the library for Warlord to
the "important" books.

The color-coded articles are still there but they or at least several of
the articles haven't been updated since 1999/2000.  I also have a set of
notebooks that are in black loose leaf binders with no clear indication of
why they are separate from the color coded ones. I haven't been able to
compare them to see but I do have some ideas on what the division is.  I
did start doing some checks only to find that several of the articles have
been revised, several withdrawn from the web, and new ones
available.  That's why the articles aren't going to be out - I haven't had
time to fully explore them.   I will keep to the color coding and try
diversifying the colors for more importance.  Druinne may have a working
set from the sca.org pages, but I'm sending a note to her to ask
(grin).  These black notebooks are somewhat heavy when you have twenty or
so of them, not counting the books that are photocopied and placed into
binders.

Mari and Daniel started the cleaning process when they went through the
boxes the first time and I'm trying to make it clearer.  I'm trying to get
book labels, and rebinding/repairing the ripped books, refastening the torn
holes and such.  I'm also going to be getting new books for the library
because I know new information is available.

Any help and suggestions would be deeply appreciated.

Clare

Tressure