[ANSTHRLD] Consulting Library

kobrien at texas.net kobrien at texas.net
Mon May 22 09:49:19 PDT 2006

Quoting Jennifer Smith <jds at randomgang.com>:

> I think at one point Druinne at least (and maybe Mari? I forget) had gone
> through the armillary boxes and sorted stuff into "really useful",
> "useful"
> and "occasionally useful" piles, but it's entirely possible things got
> reordered according to what will fit into which tote (particularly when
> packing up AFTER a consultation table...)

I'm just now reading through this thread so I don't know if anyone else has
answered this yet or not, so ...

We sorted into some basic categories:

- good consultation (don't know who got this pile)
- duplicates of good consultation (went to Gunnvor for Bordure)
- "research" - went to Clare

Research was stuff that was not stuff we hand to submitters at consultation
tables - either because the source takes skill to use (like knowing that if
Hanks and Hodges dates a name as modern, it probably is and if they date it
to period, it probably is, but if they give a general description, then all
bets are off), or because it's very specialized (some of the armory research
books in there).

I would not expect that any sources in that pile would really need to go to
Warlord.  My bet is that we won't get but maybe one person who might need one
thing from all of those books.

What that library is really useful for is someone in the CoH who is doing in-
depth research on some particular area of naming or armory.

I have a "book checklist" we put together for the Gulf Wars consult table
awhile back and can forward it to this list, if folks want.

Also, if anyone has a submitter who is planning on stopping by the table with
a specific need, that would be good to post to this thread (and folks may
already have).  That would let those of us with limited space in the car
target which "oddball" sources to bring.

Mari