[ANSTHRLD] more on the library

kobrien at texas.net kobrien at texas.net
Tue May 23 10:06:17 PDT 2006

Quoting nweders at mail.utexas.edu:

> >There are two cases too look at here - full service submissions and
> regular
> >submissions.
> >
> >Are we offering full service submissions at this table?
>

> According to the wishes of Star, at this point the Consulting Tables will
> be non-full service.  Part of the education process is to provide some help

Okay.  Thanks for the info!

> If there are books on the "H" list that are no longer acceptable for
> correct documentation then perhaps the College could make suggestions as a
> whole to Laurel and get the list updated.  Obviously as new books come out,
> it needs to be done as well.

The problem is that "Appendix H" was not intended as the end-all-be-all list
of good books to use.  It is merely a list of what you don't have to
photocopy because they are in the Laurel library (or were at one point).

Hmm... Looking at the copy of Appendix H on the Laurel website, the intro
text under the header does indicate that folks should acquire these books.
So, it's definitely time to remove at least Peadar Morgan from that list.
We'd need to ping Tangwystyl to see if she wants CA 66 removed.  I'll start
an email thread on "pruning Appendix H" with appropriate folks.

Thanks for pointing this out.

Mari