[ANSTHRLD] Consulting Library

kobrien at texas.net kobrien at texas.net
Tue May 23 10:16:36 PDT 2006

A warning about the name articles on the Laurel website:

Not all of them are "allowed" or "good" articles anymore.  In at least one
case, the author has specifically requested that the article be removed and
that has not yet happened.  I know of another case where the effort to get an
update to an article posted has taken years.

The problems with getting articles updated, posted, etc. (and at least a
couple of instances of format changes made to an article that the author was
not asked about) are reasons that some authors (yours truly included) do not
have any articles on the Laurel website.

This affects the printouts Druinne made.

I took a quick look at the list of name articles on the Laurel website and
the only one that's a major problem for submitters is:

Early Irish Feminine Names from the Index to O'Brien's Corpus Genealogiarum
Hiberniae
by Tangwystyl verch Morgant Glasvryn

[Tangwytyl herself has stated that this article is now out of date and has
requested it's removal.]

Several others are "use with care" that can cause minor problems, but nothing
that can't be fixed during commentary period after submission.

Mari