[ANSTHRLD] CD question

Hedwig von Luneborg lochherald at gmail.com
Mon May 1 05:44:46 PDT 2006

Does a bordure conflict with an orle?  I know this sounds like a simple
question but I really don't have a clue.  I'm trying to add 1CD to:

Per bend sinister vert and sable a bear's head cabossed argent

The client is EXTREMELY attached to this device and wants to add or change
as little as possible to it so that it will pass.  In checking the O&A for
further conflicts I found:

Purpure, a bear's head cabossed within a bordure invected argent

If I add an orle to the original conflicting device:

Per bend sinister vert and sable a bear's cabossed within an orle argent

would that conflict with the purpure etc etc etc blazon or not?

Also, as a small whine session thing:
When I conflict checked the original device I spelled the word "caboshed"
and it came up with 170 items...4 of them bears...so imagine my surprise
when it came back with a conflict with the word "cabossed" spelled
differently and 19 more bear head entries not included on my original
conflict check.  So, which way is the "correct" spelling and shouldn't that
be "fixed" or something...talk about a bit ticked off!

--
"zum Traum" (to The Dream),
Herrin Hedwig von Luneborg

Ehre und Aufgabe
(honor & duty)

Great is the road I climb, but the garland offered by an easier effort is
not worth the gathering.
- Propertius