[ANSTHRLD] Re: Name Help Please

David B. Appleton davidappleton at earthlink.net
Thu May 4 07:05:39 PDT 2006

>No, it wasn't.  The only record in the raw Armorial file is
>
>    Robert Glendon of Auk|9010O|d|Gules, a tyger rampant and on a
>    chief argent, three thistles proper.
>
>but there's no name record.  The Laurel file has only the device form
>and the commentary.  The LoI said only "name already registered";
>there were only two comments and both were on the device only.
>Nobody checked the name.
>
>Dankyn (Da'ud, you got some 'splainin to do!) de Lincoln

Umm, no.  The _College_ may have some explaining to do, but at that time, Da'ud was hip deep in four years' worth of unfiled _everything_.  There were no folders for all but a couple of months' worth of submissions from the previous four years.  So we had no idea from the files whether or not his name had already been registered.  It was up to the College to catch it.  If they didn't check it/catch it/comment on it, oh, well....  'Cause there was no way that _we_ were gonna find it in the files.

Da'ud "That's my story and I'm sticking to it" ibn Auda