[ANSTHRLD] Resubmissions

kobrien at texas.net kobrien at texas.net
Fri May 12 14:12:19 PDT 2006

Yes.  The same number of copies of the forms are required for resubmissions
as are required for new submissions.

An additional requirement by the time it leaves kingdom is that it have a
submission history.  For example, if it is a name resubmission, then the
returned name needs to be noted.

Let me make up an example:

Robin the Carter.  Name Resubmission.  Original name Robin Hood returned for
conflict at kingdom in 09/2010.

Basically, you're doing 2 things:

- summarizing why this submission is a resubmission instead of a new
submission

- telling the file folks (at kingdom and at laurel) which file to pull for
this submission (the goal is to only have one file per person, with all their
submission stuff in one folder)

Here's an example of why you need all new forms:

John d'Eau submits a device in 1982.  It gets returned at kingdom.  All the
extra copies of the forms get purged at some point since only one copy is
required to be kept in each file after a submission is completed (either by
acceptance or return).

Now, John resubmits his device.  If he only provides one color copy and one
black and white copy, there are no other copies to go where they should.  For
Ansteorra the destinations are:

Submitter		- 1 black and white, 1 color
Local Herald files	- 1 black and white, 1 color
Asterisk files		- 1 black and white, 1 color
Arbalist files		- 1 black and white, 1 color
Laurel files		- 0 black and white, 2 color

Of course, if the device gets returned at kingdom, the 2 color copies that
would go to Laurel are disposed of.

If the item is accepted by Laurel, the Arbalist copies are disposed of.

This is why, when I explain to folks how to make copies of their armory, I
say make 10 copies, color 6, keep one of each (black & white and color).

Hope this makes the "why"s more clear on the whole paper processing monster...

Mari