[ANSTHRLD] Resubmissions

kobrien at texas.net kobrien at texas.net
Fri May 12 15:16:19 PDT 2006

> > Right now, what I have received for resubmissions involve single
> > sheets of paper, for both names and devices. One page's worth of a
> > name submission form, marked 'resubmission'. The same for device
> > resubmissions. I did not know if additional copies needed to be
> > made, although it certainly made sense to me.
> >
> > So.....I treat resubmissions the same as 'regular' submissions in
> > that it is the 5 copies for names, and 5 color, 3 black-white copies
> > for devices?
>
> To clarify Mari's note, if needed: you indeed need all the correct
> numbers of copies of forms (I don't know whether it's 5 name forms),
> AND any associated documentation for each, just like a new submission.
> In particular, if a submitter's name form cites a source that's not on
> the no-photocopy list, they still have to provide the photocopies of
> the appropriate pages, one set of photocopies per form -- which is to
> say, five, and they should keep a set for themselves.
>
> Note that it's ultimately up to the submitter to provide copies or
> cause them to be provided.

Daniel is right on this one.  What you have received are incomplete
submissions.  It is the submitter's responsibility to provide to you the
correct number of copies including associated documentation for the name (if
photocopy or printout name documentation applied to that name).

If you choose to make the missing copies for the submitter out of the
goodness of your heart and your pocketbook, that is your choice, but it is
not a requirement of your office.

As an example, at the Pennsic consultation table, where 90-some percent of
the submissions are full service submissions, free resubmissions are charged
one dollar per item for photocopying.  That is a policy instituted by the
group running the table since the table profit (what little there is of it)
has to cover the table's use of the rented photocopier (including rental,
ink, and paper).

Mari