[ANSTHRLD] Consulting Library

Faelan Caimbeul faelancaimbeul at gmail.com
Sun May 21 21:40:28 PDT 2006

<snip>
If you mean something like "Michael: see Withycombe, p. 317; Reaney
and Wilson, p. 411; Dauzat, p. 23" (the pages are totally made up, and
there's more than one Dauzat anyway).  That's useless for doccing, but
I can forsee naive submitters copying that into the doc box verbatim.
If you already know the language and culture, you know to check
Withycombe, R&W, or whatever.  If you don't know the language or
culture, the submitter should know (because how did they get the
name?), or you can ask someone to check Yonge or Hanks and Hodges for
pointers.
<snip>

Why can't we include cultural references too? If we only enter info from the
books on the approved list of stuff that doesn't need documentation, then
that's all we need is "Bob: English, 1236, See Wythicomb, pg 6"

I thought that was the point of the approved library list. As for culture
matching and matrinomic/patranomics, etc., that's what we have heralds for
:-)

Faelan