[ANSTHRLD] Consulting Library facts

kobrien at texas.net kobrien at texas.net
Mon May 22 11:28:03 PDT 2006

> The color-coded articles are still there but they or at least several of
> the articles haven't been updated since 1999/2000.  I also have a set of
> notebooks that are in black loose leaf binders with no clear indication of
> why they are separate from the color coded ones. I haven't been able to
> compare them to see but I do have some ideas on what the division is.  I
> did start doing some checks only to find that several of the articles have
> been revised, several withdrawn from the web, and new ones
> available.  That's why the articles aren't going to be out - I haven't had
> time to fully explore them.   I will keep to the color coding and try
> diversifying the colors for more importance.  Druinne may have a working
> set from the sca.org pages, but I'm sending a note to her to ask
> (grin).  These black notebooks are somewhat heavy when you have twenty or
> so of them, not counting the books that are photocopied and placed into
> binders.

Please bring the colored folders.  When we went through them last summer, I
pulled the only actually dangerous article.  Other than that, the only one I
can think of that is critical to reprint is Da'ud's article.  Other than
that, they should be fine.  In most cases, the articles have not been updated
since then, or if they have, the updates are minor.

I think the black binders were originally duplicates - for the heralds behind
the tables to use while submitters pawed through the colored folders.

Oh, and if Tangwystyl's name article with a name like "Feminine names from
O'Briens Corpus Gene....." is still in a red folder, I'd pull that one.
That's the only other article I can think of that is actually misleading to
the reader based on current knowledge.

Mari