[ANSTHRLD] name help please

Mistress Bronwen mistressbronwen at solhaven.com
Thu May 4 05:52:26 PDT 2006

Interesting. Well, upon further delving I find a copy of a Meridian name
submission dated 7/1/83 with a note that seems to say the name was returned for
conflict on 1/23/84 -- but the forms were different back then and the conflict
actually seems to apply to the accompanying device, which conflicted with
something out of Papworth. The documentation on the name submission states that
the client said he found Auk (or Auck) on a map of ancient Scotland, but says
that at the time of submission the map couldn't be found. However, there also is
a note reading: "Auck: Auckly; Dictionary of British Place-Names". No author or
page citation is given, but this may be Mills, which I happen to have on order
but don't currently have in my possession.

Might that help?
~

Bronwen

"A Peerage relationship, therefore, is not just "Pelican to cleanup on aisle
nine - ego spill"...Tibor of Rock Valley

"Quod Excogitem Sum"..."I Am What I Can Imagine"
[Per pale sable and argent, an antelope statant and in chief a pearled coronet
counterchanged]

~