[ANSTHRLD] name help please

Luciana Caterina di Borgese dolce.luce at gmail.com
Wed Nov 1 17:35:43 PST 2006

It is looking like you have set yourself a hard task on this one. I really
understand the need to be the 'princess in shining armor', though ;)

I did a crawl through some online Old English and Middle
English dictionaries. I also did a search for the etymology of the first
name's elements. This is what I found:

<Ma> - More, Rather, Further
http://beowulf.engl.uky.edu/~kiernan/BT/Ebind/docs/bosworth/hi-res/a0653.jpg

<Hearra> - A Lord, occurs only in poetry
http://beowulf.engl.uky.edu/cgi-bin/Bosworth-Toller/ebind2html3.cgi/bosworth?seq=542

Nothing found for either in middle English.

The etymology of <Ma> dates it to 1823, childish or colloquial shortening of
mamma.
http://www.etymonline.com/index.php?term=ma

Nothing etymological is found for <hearra>
I will keep looking. Hopefully, this will prove a springboard for someone
else.

Good luck,
Luciana