[ANSTHRLD] A question on the closing of orders and the changing of their names

Tim McDaniel tmcd at panix.com
Tue Nov 7 12:47:27 PST 2006

On Tue, 7 Nov 2006, Hillary Greenslade <hillaryrg at yahoo.com> wrote:
> Aside - I believe when the older awards were closed, that the Crown
> stated that all holders of the old awards could congregate, meet,
> discuss issues with the holders of the new award, as if they were
> one in the same.  However, the OP will still retain the old award
> abbreviation as the one presented and the OP is not to translate the
> old award to the new award.

I don't know if there's any kingdom-wide rule or whether it's true for
all baronies in Ansteorra, but I think that Bryn Gwlad allows members
of the Halberd (the closed baronial service order) to sit in meetings
with the Dregiau Bryn (sp?) (the existing baronial service order), and
I think they're all called up when a new member is being made.

Daniel de Lincolia, in a rush
Tim McDaniel, tmcd at panix.com