[ANSTHRLD] A question on the closing of orders and the changing of their names

nweders at mail.utexas.edu nweders at mail.utexas.edu
Wed Nov 8 08:28:19 PST 2006

>Yeah, I saw that happen at the recent Bryn Gwlad event, and thought it
>a good idea.  Stargate has three orders, two are closed; it would be
>a nice idea to include members of the older orders when calling forth
>members from the current open order... it also saves the B&B from having
>to induct all the elder members from the older orders into the most
>current order, resolving a redundancy issue.  It's a good thing!

         Well, it also allows for the fact that some people who were active
in the Barony under the old Order aren't active in the Barony when the new
order is established.  It gives the older people a chance to receive
recognition for continuing to work in the Barony. As far as I know only
three people who have Halberds also have DB's.

         Clare