[ANSTHRLD] A question on the closing of orders and the changing of their names

Hillary Greenslade hillaryrg at yahoo.com
Wed Nov 8 08:05:55 PST 2006

Daniel de Lincolia said:
"I don't know if there's any kingdom-wide rule or whether it's true for
all baronies in Ansteorra, but I think that Bryn Gwlad allows members
of the Halberd (the closed baronial service order) to sit in meetings
with the Dregiau Bryn (sp?) (the existing baronial service order), and
I think they're all called up when a new member is being made."

Yeah, I saw that happen at the recent Bryn Gwlad event, and thought it
a good idea.  Stargate has three orders, two are closed; it would be
a nice idea to include members of the older orders when calling forth
members from the current open order... it also saves the B&B from having
to induct all the elder members from the older orders into the most
current order, resolving a redundancy issue.  It's a good thing!
Hillary