[ANSTHRLD] A question about Charles Bardsley's _A Dictionary of English and Welsh Surnames_

Luciana Caterina di Boniface dolce.luce at gmail.com
Mon Oct 2 13:16:56 PDT 2006

I had a client looking through the book and I was asked the question I have
been asking myself since first getting the book - How do you know which
names are Welsh, and which names are English?

I confess, I had to tell her that I did not know, but that I would find out.
To give specifics on the desired name, it is <Vyvyan (pg. 51) Amary (pg.
657) Rowntree (pg. 785)>. I jotted down the page numbers when she showed me
the specific pages, but I am looking back and am now questioning that pg 51
for <Vyvyan>.

I would really appreciate getting to find out for both my client and myself.

In Service,
Luciana

--
Talking to yourself is okay. Even answering yourself is all right. The
problem is when you have to ask yourself to repeat the question.....