[ANSTHRLD] Help needed on a Conflict check on a badge

Jennifer Smith jds at randomgang.com
Mon Oct 2 18:45:50 PDT 2006

Insta-boing. RfS VIII.5 says:

5. Fieldless Style. - Fieldless armory must form a self-contained design.

A fieldless design must have all its elements conjoined, like the three
feathers issuing from a crown used by the Heir Apparent to the throne of
England. Since there is no field in such a design, it may not use charges
that rely on the edges of the field to define their shape, such as bordures
and orles, nor to cut off their ends, such as ordinaries or charges
throughout.

...so no bordure, and no "within an annulet" either, unless it's touching
(in which case it's "within and conjoined to an annulet").

-Emma