[ANSTHRLD] Okay I'm a little confused now.

Alasdair MacEogan alasdair at bmhanson.net
Wed Oct 11 09:21:28 PDT 2006

Bajula <bajula at windfire.net> wrote:
>  Now I've heard repeatedly on this list and verbally that you cannot register
>  your legal name. (maybe I picked it up out of context?) If I misunderstood
>  that's okay too. just someone clear up for me this bit.
>  <start quoted bit>
>  4. Legal Names. - Elements of the submitters legal name may be used as the
>  corresponding part of a Society name, if such elements are not excessively
>  obtrusive and do not violate other sections of these rules.

You may not register your EXACT legal name.  You may use a portion of your name as the correspondign portion of your society name.  IE You may use your first name as your SCA first name regardless of its documentation as long as it  is "not excessively obtrusive and do not violate other sections of these rules".

My mundane name is Bryan Hanson.  So I could register Bryan Smith, Bryan Johnson, but I can not register Bryan Hanson as my society name.

Make sense now?

Alasdair