[ANSTHRLD] Okay I'm a little confused now.

Tim McDaniel tmcd at panix.com
Wed Oct 11 11:38:18 PDT 2006

On Wed, 11 Oct 2006, kobrien at texas.net wrote:
> The Legal Name Allowance allows you to:
> - register one or more elements of your Legal Name as part of your SCA name
> 	- you only automatically qualify for the spelling(s) shown on the
> 	  document

To emphasize: EXACT spelling, letter for letter.

> - There must be at LEAST one noticable difference (both sound and
> appearance) between your SCA name and your legal name (also any
> "use" name that you might reasonably use).

To explicate: here, "name" refers to the whole shebang (as in "Daniel
de Lincoln" or "Timothy Alan McDaniel") and "name elemnt" refers to
one part (as in "Daniel" or "McDaniel" -- I'm not sure whether "de
Lincoln" is considered to be one name element or two).

DdL
Tim McDaniel, tmcd at panix.com