[ANSTHRLD] Overload!

kobrien at texas.net kobrien at texas.net
Thu Oct 12 12:45:58 PDT 2006

> Too.. much.. to ... take .. in... brain... going to...
> explode.
>
> Thanks though to everyone.
> I didn't expect that. Too bad I'm checking this just before work. I'll go
> back and read it all more closely after I get off work, but I think I got
> the general ideas... and a whole slew of detailed ideas that I hadn't
> expected. :)

Well, I figured that not all of the info would be useful to you, but it was a
good opportunity to get all of the random bits about the Legal Name Allowance
into one spot.  :)

> The question was actually about my son, who's first name is legally
> Emrys..
> yeah yeah okay sue me. :) long story and all that. He's already changed
> his
> mind a slew of times about when and where he wants to be from. I was
> recently informed that he was going to be a french crusader, and that I
> need
> to get working on a helmet for him. Hah! I'll give it two weeks and then
> see. *rofl*
>
> It may all end up moot if he sticks with the french bit, but I was still
> curious. It just struck me as off-kilter so I had to ask.

Well, there were Welsh mercenaries in France in period.  There's an article
about names of those men in the 1994 KWHS proceedings (but, as far as I know,
it has not been put on the web).  The article is:

"Welsh Names in France in the Late 14th Century" [KWHS Proceedings, 1994]

Interesting cultural contact there.  :)

Mari