[ANSTHRLD] How many name elements become too many?

tmcd at panix.com tmcd at panix.com
Thu Oct 12 23:22:41 PDT 2006

On Thu, 12 Oct 2006, Luciana Caterina di Borgese <dolce.luce at gmail.com> wrote:
> I have a client whose name was forwarded to Laurel as <Genna
> Concetta di Chiaramonte>. She is thinking about withdrawing the name
> submission, and resubmitting it as <Genovefa Genna Concetta di
> Chiaramonte>. My concern is that there may be too many elements to
> the name. Am I right to be concerned in this?
>
> I seem to recall reading somewhere that period Italian names did not
> normally have that many elements to it, but wanted to make certain
> before saying 'yes' or 'no'.

What do you find under
<http://sca.org/heraldry/laurel/precedents.html>?  There's one that
might be tangentally applicable in Elbeth's time, so far as I can tell
at a glance (I should have been in bed a while ago, and it depends on
what "Concetta" is), something you should read in Da'ud 2.2, and maybe
something earlier.

Daniel de Lindocollino
Tim McDaniel; Reply-To: tmcd at panix.com