[ANSTHRLD] Name Documentation Help

Robert Wade logiosophia at yahoo.com
Sat Oct 14 10:45:55 PDT 2006

Would someone please verify the following:

  "Meg" -- Listed by Talan as a Scottish feminine personal name which should be found in Black's Surnames of Scotland dated to 1408 under 'Davie' on page 202 and to 1597 under 'Bogtown' on page 86, but with a note that the references should be verified.

  "Sterling" -- I believe I found this English surname under 'Stirling' in a copy of Reaney and Wilson's A Dictionary of English Surnames at the last Ansteorra Heraldic Symposium, but have lost the paper I recorded the information on.

  Thank You for your help,
  Tostig

  Post Scriptum: A local library has a 2nd edition of Withycombe but, if memory serves, it's the 3rd edition that doesn't need photocopies.  Is that correct?