[ANSTHRLD] Ermined Or and Argent - is this still 'legal'

Tim McDaniel tmcd at panix.com
Tue Oct 17 09:41:45 PDT 2006

I don't know how the echoed quote got out.  Sorry.

On Tue, 17 Oct 2006, Alden Drake wrote:
> Are we taking of "<Insert Color Here> ermined Or and argent", so the
> spots and tails alternate white and yellow?
>
> ... I've never seen [that] done.

More than that: I've never seen alternating tinctures expressed that
way.  Some field divisions or other phrases take two or more following
tinctures, like "barry", "quarterly", "vairy", and such.  "Ermined" is
not one of those cases: one tincture specification before the word,
for the background, and one tincture after the word, for the tincture
of the ermine spots.

Daniel de Lincolia
Tim McDaniel, tmcd at panix.com