[ANSTHRLD] Help please - please confirm the verbiage of the blazon

Luciana Caterina di Borgese dolce.luce at gmail.com
Wed Oct 18 20:33:15 PDT 2006

Thank you. I would like to be able to put the blazon on the form that would
make it all the way through Laurel untouched. I will achieve this at some
point. Right now, you and Lord Robin have helped me in solidifying an
emblazon that can be conflict checked, and will not prove to be too
embarassing (or confusing) once it is presented for submission (pending the
rest of the conflict check, of course)

Thank you again,
Luciana

On 10/18/06, tmcd at panix.com <tmcd at panix.com> wrote:

> On Wed, 18 Oct 2006, Jay Rudin <rudin at ev1.net> wrote:
> > "Luciana Caterina di Borgese" <dolce.luce at gmail.com> wrote:
> > > http://www.geocities.com/elfsea_herald/Devices/Elspeth-device-8.gif
> >
> > Almost.  The proper blazon is "Purpure, *SIX* cinquefoils 3, 1, and 2
> > between a pair of flaunches argent."
>
> Almost.  A more proper SCA blazon is "Purpure, six cinquefoils three
> one and two between flaunches argent."  ("More proper" is because
> someone is likely to point out another correction.)  We spell out
> numbers.  The commas in the list may certainly be included, but recent
> Wreaths have tended to be comma-negative.  And, as noted in a 10/94
> ruling,
>
>       Versus Cariadoc of the Bow (SCA, badge), Azure, a candle
>       enflamed within an orle Or, there was some question whether
>       there were CDs for both type (orle vs. flaunches) and number
>       (one vs. two), as you cannot have a single flaunch.  It is
>       Laurel's opinion that there is indeed a CD for number here;
>       while they may only come in pairs, there are quite clearly two
>       of them, on opposite sides of the field.  ...
>
> In the dozen or so most recent registrations I looked at, "flaunch" as
> a word appeared in blazons only in the fragment "... between
> flaunches, each flaunch charged with ..." or the like.
>
> Daniel de Lyncoln
> --
> Tim McDaniel; Reply-To: tmcd at panix.com

"If it's difficult we do it immediately.  If it's impossible it takes a
little longer.......  Miracles by appointment only"