[ANSTHRLD] Help needed on a Conflict check on a badge

tmcd at panix.com tmcd at panix.com
Mon Oct 9 19:14:37 PDT 2006

On Mon, 9 Oct 2006, Luciana Caterina di Boniface <dolce.luce at gmail.com> wrote:
> OOOohhhh! I did not realise that this applied to the other fieldless
> badges also. It was said to me, on multiple occasions, that
> (Fieldless) counted for 1 CD, but noone ever came flat out and said
> it as simply and specifically as you just did.

Rules for Submission X.4.a.iii:

    iii.  Fieldless Difference - A piece of fieldless armory
     automatically has one clear difference from any other armory,
     fielded or fieldless.

     Tinctureless armory and Japanese mon are considered to be
     fieldless for this purpose.

I suggest that anyone who is getting into armory or name heraldry
should download and read the applicable sections of the Rules for
Submission (available under <http://sca.org/heraldry/>).  It would be
astonishing if you remember all the details -- I don't -- but some of
the rules may stick, and you'll likely get an idea of the sorts of
things that are in the RfS.  Also, if your copy is downloaded, you can
then search for words like "fieldless" or "conjoined".

Danel de Lincoln
Tim McDaniel; Reply-To: tmcd at panix.com