[ANSTHRLD] New Forms online

Tim McDaniel tmcd at panix.com
Fri Oct 13 07:26:49 PDT 2006

On Fri, 13 Oct 2006, Jennifer Smith <jds at randomgang.com> wrote:
> I believe someone is working on doing this. In order to *create* an
> editable-PDF form like this, you have to have the full program.  To
> fill it out, you only need the reader.

As mentioned at the Adobe Reader version 7 (latest) FAQ at
<http://www.adobe.com/products/acrobat/acrrfaq.html>:

     Q. Can I add comments to a PDF file with Adobe Reader?

     A. PDF authors using Adobe LiveCycle enterprise server and design
     software can activate special features in their documents that
     provide additional functionality. These enabled Adobe PDF files
     allow people with Adobe Reader to save the file to a local hard
     drive, fill out forms, add comments and other markups, share it
     with others, and submit a completed document electronically. In
     addition, Adobe PDF files can be enabled to allow people to
     digitally sign, certify, and authenticate a document. ...

     Q. Can I save Adobe PDF forms in Adobe Reader after I have filled
     out a PDF form?

     A. Yes, provided your form has had the "local save" capability
     turned on with Adobe LiveCycle Reader Extensions. Team members
     both inside and outside an organization have access to and can
     interact with forms. You can easily open, fill out and submit PDF
     forms, even from handheld devices and over wireless
     connections. However, if the "local save" capability has not been
     activated in your PDF form, you will not be able to save the form
     data with Adobe Reader. ...

Daniel de Lincolia
Tim McDaniel, tmcd at panix.com