[ANSTHRLD] Confirmation needed for a blazon

Robert Wade logiosophia at yahoo.com
Sat Oct 14 14:59:17 PDT 2006

Thanks, Crandall.  Now if only I can learn how to check for conflict on-line (I’m missing obvious things and having to ask others to double-check me).

  With Luciana’s submission I tried the following searchs:

  Complex Search Form (1)
  Weight of 20 (blazon pattern) “\bsun\b.+\bsquirrel\b”
  Weight of 20 (blazon pattern) “\bsquirrel\b.+\bsun\b”
  Weight of 10 (blazon pattern) “Or”
  Yielded no scores of 30, and a score of 20 for “Per bend sinister argent and vert, in bend a squirrel sejent erect to sinister and a hawk close counterchanged, issuant from base a demi-sun argent.”  (Flora Sutherlarach, Device Nov 1988 via Atlantia)

  Complex Search Form (2)
  Weight of 20 (blazon pattern) “two suns”
  Weight of 20 (blazon pattern) “two squirrels”
  Weight of 10 (blazon pattern) “Or”
  Yielded a little over 50 scores of 30.  Among them were “Per chevron vert and Or, two suns in their splendour Or.”  (Golda ferch Deiniol, Device Aug 2000 via Atenveldt) and “Gules, two squirrels sejant erect respectant vair en point maintaining in chief a nut Or.”  (Ismay of Gigleswick, Device Nov 1999 via Cai).  Each should have a CD for change of field and another CD for change of ½ of primary, but not CD’s for the forced changes to position.

  What else should I have searched for?

  Tostig

Crandall <crandalltwo-scalists at yahoo.com> wrote:  Tostig's blazon is correct. Dividing a field "per saltire" defines the quarters.

Wecome back, Tostig.

Crandall

Luciana Caterina di Borgese wrote:
Thank you again. I have been scrolling through the 200+ suns Or, and have
not had a chance to get the the squirrel yet.

Would I still leave the 'quartered' at the beginning of the blazon, though,
or should/can it be eliminated?

Luciana