[ANSTHRLD] Announcing Event Court Awards

Mike C. Baker kihebard at hotmail.com
Tue Sep 26 10:20:14 PDT 2006

> >A bit of IKA that may be of interest along these lines: Aethelmearc
> >award reports (at least on-line) include recognition of the
> scribes for
> >the individual scrolls.  Perhaps somewhat expected from
> their custom of
> >every scroll being an original... NO, I am *not* suggesting
> that part
> >for Ansteorran practice. While most Ansteorran award
> presentations do
> >include verbal acknowledgement of the illuminator, what I intend to
> >point out here is the chronicling of which-to-whom.
> Ah, are they scroll or are they charters?  If scrolls then I
> agree, but we give out very few scrolls and a vast amount of
> charters.  Are you giving credit who did the original artwork
> on the charter or the colorist? And I have to say if you are
> giving credit to the illuminator why not the scribe as well.
> I agree if someone does an impressive work and an original
> scroll then perhaps more attention should be paid, but I
> think that giving credit to the colorist of the charter would
> only lengthen the court.
>
> It does make one pause however.
>
> Clare

Full scrolls.

Clare, it has been my experience in Ansteorra that most charters were
being recognized for the colorist -- if this has been discontinued, I
understand that court length would be a serious reason why.

Full "one-of-a-kind" scrolls do deserve better recognition -- and care
-- than they sometimes receive...

Amra