[ANSTHRLD] device help please

Hedwig honeyfrog at gmail.com
Tue Apr 3 10:56:27 PDT 2007

I need a little help here please.  I am not sure of a few things:
1.Can you do this to a saltire?
2. If you can is it counterchanged?
3. If this is period would the proposed blazon be:
Per saltire argent and vert a saltire between four roses counterchanged ?

I do not want to start conflict checking until I am sure that you can do
this treatment to a saltire.  I know that this device idea is based on a
modern example of arms:

Peter Gwynn Jones' *The art of Heraldry. The notation in Gwynn is that it is
listed as "the arms of Kydd, granted 1976".
*
http://new.photos.yahoo.com/melissa_phobia/album/576460762332199110

Thanks in advance,
Hedwig
--
Far away in the sunshine are my highest aspirations. I may not reach them,
but I can look up and see the beauty, believe in them, and try to follow