[ANSTHRLD] Fw: Re: device help pleaseb

Tim McDaniel tmcd at panix.com
Tue Apr 3 15:56:08 PDT 2007

In re
     Per saltire purpure and argent, a saltire between four cinquefoils
     counterchanged.
versus
     Per saltire argent and vert, a saltire between four roses counterchanged.
(The old armory is listed first and considered as the start of
changes: there are a few pathological cases where it matters whether
you're changing old->new or new->old)

On Tue, 3 Apr 2007, Robert Wade <logiosophia at yahoo.com> wrote:
> I see 3 CD's -- all involving change of tintcure from argent/purpure
> to argent/vert:
>  (1) Change of tincture for half the field
>  (2) Change of tincture for half the primary charge (The Saltire)
>  (3) Change of tincture for half the secondary charge group (The Roses)

We see the same.  There's no need to even consider a type CD for
cinquefoils versus roses (although the fact that there's no type CD is
a good thing to know).

BTW, Hedwig, a minor terminology note: "field treatment" in SCA
parlance refers to certain patterns on the field, like papellony or
scaly or such.  This is a "field division" or "parted field".  THe
field division is the same in both cases -- per saltire -- but the
tinctures have changed -- so it's not change of field treatment or
change of field division that's the CD, it's the change of tincture of
half the field, as Tostig wrote.

Danihel de Lincolnia
Tim McDaniel, tmcd at panix.com