[ANSTHRLD] Help please: "summary" in the Name Documentation area

Kathleen O'Brien kobrien at texas.net
Tue Apr 3 20:31:15 PDT 2007

>The book I sited was sited in the biblio of the index so I will just
>leave it off. Thanks everyone for all the help. I promise to NEVER write
>see attached again. (and it was only 3 pages *wink*)
>Siobhan

When using the annals index, you should only need to print out the page for
your name element.  In this case, it's at:

http://www.s-gabriel.org/names/mari/AnnalsIndex/Feminine/Una.shtml

That page cross-references to Ó Corráin & Maguire, but not to Scéla Mucce
Meic Dathó.

So, for the docs for the given name, you should just have to print out the
Una page, then give a summary like you listed before.  Only, since your
docs are from the annals index, you cite that as your source:

Úna - Mari Elspeth nic Bryan, "Index of Names in Irish Annals: Úna"
(http://www.s-gabriel.org/names/mari/AnnalsIndex/Feminine/Una.shtml -
printout attached) lists the form <Úna> as the standard Early Modern Irish
Gaelic (c1200-c1700) form, and lists 16 women with this name in the years:
1306, 1310, 1364, 1395, 1402, 1417, 1427, 1433, 1436, 1458, 1465, 1487,
1505, 1530, 1540, 1589.

Carleton - [your docs for Carleton here]

Names that combine Gaelic with English are registerable with one
weirdness/step from period practice per the ruling for Ian MacHenrik, 10/99
as well as a number of other rulings since that time.

Hope this helps,

Mari