[ANSTHRLD] strange question

ravenrux at cox.net ravenrux at cox.net
Wed Apr 4 08:17:16 PDT 2007

Yes, it's called a baton, and in English heraldry is a mark of bastardy.  In SCA heraldry, however, it has no such connotations.

Masamune
---- Hedwig <honeyfrog at gmail.com> wrote:
Heraldic questions of the day:

Can you have a bend couped?

For instance:
Azure a bend couped Or charged with a compass star sable

So that would be a blue field with a gold bend only 1/2 way across the field
charged with a black compass star.

Also, IF you can do that with a bend does it matter where on the field it
issues from?  (closer to the top or bottom than the middle for instance)

Am I just in need of more tea and someone can point me to pictures or text
to answer my questions?  Is the world really flat? (HA HA)

Hedwig
--
Far away in the sunshine are my highest aspirations. I may not reach them,
but I can look up and see the beauty, believe in them, and try to follow