[ANSTHRLD] Heralds Digest, Vol 12, Issue 5

Jay Rudin rudin at ev1.net
Wed Apr 4 12:01:06 PDT 2007

Fergus Stout wrote:

> Some of 'those people' are even here. :)  This was chosen by a specific
> peer for a specific purpose.  At the time it was created there was no
> thoughts of having to see it through the College for registration as it
> was
> not to be owned by any individual.  I await your further thoughts on the
> matter with anticipation.

Fergus, armory belonging to a group should be registered as well.  Household
badges are quite common.  I'm glad you're here.  Consulting with a client is
always easier when you have an actual client.

Hedwig wrote:

> Well, I don't know if they will add anything or not seeing as there are
> like
> actually 9 of these people.  The person who asked me to check this called
> the yellow "slash" (for lack of a definitive term) a demi bendelet.  But
> what I've read so far a bendelt is just a narrower version of a bend, not
> bend cut in half.

"Demi" means "cut in half".  Bendlets are thinner bends, and only come in
sets of more than one.  (One bend, two or more bendlets.)  This is an SCA
rule, not a medieval one.

> Robin's suggestion would seem like a good idea but that
> smacks of marshaling to me and I know that won't pass.

Whoops.  I wasn't making a suggestion -- I was trying to describe it for the
benefit of the heralds who couldn't see it yet.  I don't think it will pass
at all, and really like Emma's suggestion that they add a silver piece to
make it a chevron per pale argent and Or, if you want to preserve your
surcoats and shields.

> They want to add the Ansteorran star to the "slash" but I am hoping
> I can get them to hold off on anything else until this gets ironed out.

Careful.  Several of the augmentations of arms for members of this kingdom
are simply an Ansteorra star added to somebody's arms.  I suspect that the
addition of the star would add the appearance of an augmentation, and make
an already shaky submission appear much worse.

Robin of Gilwell / Jay Rudin