[ANSTHRLD] Heralds Digest, Vol 12, Issue 5

Jennifer Smith jds at randomgang.com
Wed Apr 4 12:27:14 PDT 2007

Robin wrote:
> > They want to add the Ansteorran star to the "slash" but I am hoping
> > I can get them to hold off on anything else until this gets
> ironed out.
>
> Careful.  Several of the augmentations of arms for members of
> this kingdom
> are simply an Ansteorra star added to somebody's arms.  I
> suspect that the
> addition of the star would add the appearance of an
> augmentation, and make
> an already shaky submission appear much worse.

While it might make an appearance of an augmentation to some eyes, the
"Ansteorran star" is not a protected charge, and so there is actually no
presumption involved as far as the SCA College of Arms is concerned.

Those fighting surcoats are quite spiffy looking as-is; if only they were a
touch more heraldically historically accurate...

-Emma