[ANSTHRLD] temporal restrictions

kobrien at texas.net kobrien at texas.net
Thu Apr 5 10:44:06 PDT 2007

> > So, if I read this correctly then 750 years is NOT too far apart?
>
> Yes.  No.  Mu.

Exactly.

> As noted in the precedent,
>
> - a time span of 300-1000 years is a Step From Period Practice, so
>    it's "too far" if there's another Step From Period Practice in the
>    name
>
> - a time span may include a linguistic change too, which is another
>    SFPP.
>
> Danielis "always wear time block of at least SFPP 300" de Lindo

So, to summarize, 750 years is not in-and-of-itself a block to registration.
But it's gonna depend on what the name elements are.  If, for example, they
combine an Old English given name with a 16th C English surname, that adds a
lingual change (Old to Middle English) to the temporal disparity of 750
years, making the combination unregisterable.

Exceptions to this fall under things like the saints' name allowance and
things like that.

It may just be easier to post info on the name to the list and let folks here
talk through it.

Mari
(who's digging out email - so you may already be ahead of me here and may
have already posted it to the list)